Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pumpkin Carving

So, for the past few years, I’ve done some intricate pumpkin carvings around this time. I look forward to Fall so that I can go pick out the perfect pumpkin to do this to. I take a photo, and with a few easy steps, have a stencil for carving. I can’t remember where I first saw it, but if you google it you will find lots on it. There is a good tutorial here.

I will post the results of the last couple of years so you can see what I’m talking about. Sadly, this years creation has already gotten ruined by some pesky squirrels. But, gladly, I already took photos of it! I will show what it looks like with my flash on and then without.

This is from two years ago. It’s my youngest son Jayce.

725726

This is the one I did last year. It is my other son Cole.

058061

And then this year’s pumpkin is my husband and me.

007008

 

It is a little tricky and somewhat time-consuming. But worth it in the end. It may not feel like you are doing it right. To test- put a candle or light in it and turn off the lights. That gives you a good idea if you are on the right track. Hope you guys try it and have fun with it!

1 comment:

  1. Fun! I can't believe you have been updating your blog all along. You are amazing.
    The pic of Jayce in you header is SO cute! :)

    ReplyDelete