Saturday, October 15, 2011

Front door redo

I was badly in need of an updated front door. Our door color was a strange tan on the outside and it showed every. single. speck. of dirt. In all honesty it was gross. And we had a bright brass door handle. So I followed some great instructions from over on Young House Love and updated our handles too. Note to self: Next time take pictures or detail drawings/notes of the assembly of the door handle.

Here is a before and after. Almost forgot the before picture in my haste. I’m a little impatient like that.

461

Here is the after.

043

I even spray painted the doorbell. Looks 100% better. In hindsight, writing my name in the cement right in front of the door with the power washer probably wasn’t  the best idea.

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment