Friday, September 5, 2008

It's getting closer

But not quite close enough. I have been having some pretty good contractions, but nothing serious. So, I decided to give a little update into what has been going on in our household. I'm sitting here practically immobile so I figured now is as good of time as ever.

It's a beautiful night. The weather was my ideal type of weather today. Partly sunny with a cool breeze. Temp in the 70's. It's finally cool enough to open the windows and doors and let some fresh air in. I love to here the crickets and other sounds of the night. Scott doesn't appreciate it too much because fall is the worst time for his allergies. He'd rather keep the air on right up until we have to switch it over to heat for the winter.

Everyone is gone to a softball tournament, except for Noah and I. We decided it would be more fun to take a nap and watch a movie for a Friday night. Happy Feet. I'm not quite sure, but I believe Noah is going to be a winter lover. He is obsessed with cold weather movies. All summer it has been requests for one of the following- The Grinch, Elf, Polar Express, Alvin and the Chipmunks, or Happy Feet. I believe we will need to purchase a new Grinch movie because the one we have is so over watched, it skips and messes up all the time. I wonder if he will want to watch summer time movies when the snow starts to fall.

I'm finishing up with some wedding photos from a wedding I did in July. They turned out great, but I will put those in my next post. I haven't done too much as far as photography and it has been nice having some time off. I'll definitely be ready to have some photo shoots of the new arrival, once he's here.

I had an OB appointment yesterday. They have officially declared me as having diabetes now. All along in this pregnancy I have been riding the fence, borderline diabetic. They believe that is why I have such big babies. Yesterday my urine had +5 sugars in it and so they tested me. I was higher than I should have been having eaten 2 hours earlier. They were going to give me insulin to take, but instead I have to take a pill, Micronase, every morning. It seems to be helping. I'm supposed to be watching my carb intake also, but so far haven't been too good at that.

I also have a cold right now that I got from my son, Cole. I had been doing some painting and my throat started hurting. I thought it was just irritated from breathing in the paint fumes, but I think it was more than that. At least I'm nearly done with the painting. We almost have out little school/toy room finished. Well....at least the painting. I'd like to finish this weekend so we can start with school on Monday. But I'm not sure if that is going to happen. Especially with Scott playing in a softball tournament.

There isn't too much else going on here. My brother has been living in our basement all summer. I think he's had enough of living with the constant strain of kids (and with one more coming soon) so he is looking at apartments. He's looking around here, so it will be fun to still have him close. But his own space would probably be a good thing. He is ready to spread his wings :)

Well, I will be posting again soon...with pictures to show.
Thanks for checkin' in.

No comments:

Post a Comment