Monday, August 6, 2007

reading tips

Well...I just finished the book My Sister's Keeper. For anyone thinking about reading it...let me just caution you- It is certainly not a feel good book. I spent the first three quarters crying off and on and just when you think it can't get more sad....it does. I could see the ending coming and I was thinking "they better not end it this way". But sure enough, they did. On the positive side, it made me want to hug and squeeze and cherish my children more than ever. And be thankful that they are healthy, happy kids. The book talks about a girl having a rare form of leukemia and I can say that I am thankful my son Cole only has diabetes. There are much worse things out there. Don't get me wrong, it has been difficult to deal with a young child who has juvenile diabetes, but at least it's manageable.

Speaking of which, we are going to the first class required to switch Cole to an insulin pump. We have to attend two classes and the third Cole comes with us so that he can start on the pump. I've had mixed feelings about switching to a pump, but my sister has gone through it with her daughter and has had nothing but praises about the switch. She said that she has experienced more energy and a change in her behavior. Not only that but she hasn't had any really low lows since being on the pump. And hasn't been sick as much. Hearing those benefits, I knew the switch would be the best decision. But I still question how Cole will deal with being attatched to something 24/7. It always has to be on you and with you. Will that continuously remind him that he is a diabetic? Will it grow to be a nuisance? I just hope the benefits out weigh the other things.

I will be posting pictures soon of the other wedding I did. I'm almost done. I can see the light at the end of the long, long tunnel. Then I will be starting a photo book for my brother-in-law and his new bride. Which won't be like work, but much more like fun. I've been having quite the creative itch lately, so hopefully that project will scratch it. Not a great word picture, sorry.
Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment